Monday, October 20, 2008

Recommended Read


Title: A Great and Terrible Beauty

Author: Libba Bray

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy


Gemma Doyle is a 16 year old who suddenly finds herself at a boarding school in London after the death of her mother. Set in the Victorian age, Gemma struggles to comply with the school rules and fit in with the other students. Visions of the future begin as Gemma discovers her mother's connection to an alternate-world. Together with three classmates, Gemma enters this world and together they find what each wants most...love, beauty, power and self-knowledge.


This book was suggested to me by a student at West. She encouraged me to read it this summer and I really enjoyed it. The time period in which the novel is set is a perfect backdrop for the fantasy element of the story. I also discovered that there is a second and third book to this series. I am currently reading "Rebel Angels" on West Reads! days and the third book is on the Library Wishlist...I'll keep you posted. "A Great and Terrible Beauty" is currently on our bookshelves...what are you waiting for...come check it out!!


Happy Reading!!

No comments: